Sponsored by the Walter S. Johnson Foundation
Connect disadvantaged youth and adults to post-secondary education and high wage, high growth career pathways.
Out-of-school youth, transitioning foster youth, disadvantaged youth and adults.
Workforce Investment Boards, community colleges, social service agencies, community based organizations, foundations.
Bridge to college leading to post-secondary training in high wage, high growth fields and/or degree program
- 14-18 week intensive learning community
- 12 college credits (216 hours)
- Intensive English and math skills
- In-class counselor
- Financial aid
- Social support and case management
- Orientation to career and educational opportunities
- Transition to post-secondary training in high wage, high growth career pathway, certificate or AA/AAS degree program.
- Targeted industries to date: allied health, biotechnology manufacturing, construction and other skilled trades (including aviation, automotive and heavy equipment mechanics), energy and petrochemicals, financial services.
SCOPE: CURRENT AND PLANNED PILOTS
- Counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Stanislaus
- 12 community colleges
- 9 Workforce Investment Boards
- 6 social service agencies
- Community based organizations and other community partners
- Community college per capita support
- WIA adult and youth training resources
- Social service agency in/kind support